To Be(atles) or not to Be(atles): LIVERPOOL (part II.)



Beatlemania. I can’t describe it in any other way. But I knew it’s gonna hit me … every time, when I’m watching Help or A Hard Day’s Night, when I’m listening to one of their albums or when I’m reading any kind of biography about them, I get totally into it. Yesterday, it’s been one week since we came back from Liverpool and now I’m sitting at the airport in Starbucks, listening to Twist and Shout and I’m still in the same 'Beatlemood' as I was a week ago.

Well, a bit like that but twice as much it hit me when we went to visit The Beatles Story Exhibition. Everyone there got each owns audio guide with not just facts about them but also with parts of interviews with people who worked with them or knew them well. It was unbelievably creative, each part was properly detailed including sounds so it complies with the topics of each particular segment and, well … it was gorgeous 💗  For me it was 10/10 and it’s definitely a ‚must-visit‘ place in Liverpool. 👍
//
Beatlemánie. Jinak se to asi ani popsat nedá. Ale já s tím i počítala … pokaždý, když koukám na Help nebo A Hard Day’s Night, když si pouštím jedno z jejich alb, nebo jenom když o nich čtu nějakou biografii, tak mě to chytne. Včera to byl týden, co jsme se vrátili z Liverpoolu domu, teď sedím ve Starbucks na letišti, do sluchátek mi hraje Twist and Shout a pořád jsem v tý samý Beatles náladě, v jaký jsem byla před týdnem.

Tak asi nějak takhle, jenom tak dvakrát tolik, mě to chytlo, když jsme šli na The Beatles Story Exhibici. Každý jsme k tomu dostali audio průvodce nejenom s faktama o nich samých, ale byly tam i úryvky z rozhovorů lidí, kteří s nima spolupracovali, nebo je dobře znali, což byla úplná paráda. Bylo to neskutečně kreativní, každá část byla propracovaná do posledního detailu včetně zvuku, aby to odpovídalo tématu tý určitý sekce a prostě … paráda 💗  Takže za mě 10/10 a rozhodně je to „must- visit“ místo v Liverpoolu. 👍



'I remember when we first met, at Woolton, at the fete. It was a beautiful summer day and I waited in there and saw you in stage. And you were singing "Come Go with Me" by the Dell Vikings, but you didn't know the words so you made them up.'  Paul McCartney about first meeting John Lennon

























The whole exhibition takes ca 1.5 hours, but it’s very individual, it basically depends on how long it takes you to go through the whole thing. However, the souvenirs from The Beatles store take much more time, for Beatles fans it’s a complete paradise :D 😍  (in my case it was half a day, I kept walking around, at one point I had ten things in my hands, at another one I had only one and well…a women in a store, right :D :D).
//
Celá exhibice zabere cca hodinu a půl, ale je to hodně individuální, záleží na každým, za jak dlouho to projde. Suvenýry z The Beatles obchodu zaberou už dýl, to je pro fanoušky úplnej ráj :D 😍  (mně třeba zabraly půl dne, furt jsem běhala tam a zpátky a nemohla se rozhodnout, co vlastně chci, v jednu chvíli jsem držela asi deset věcí, pak zase jednu a no prostě…ženská v obchodě, žejo :D :D).




At the end of our trip, we had more time than we thought we would, which was great and we decided to visit the Tate Gallery just out of pure curiosity. Regarding the one in Liverpool, it is quite similar to the Tate Modern in London (what a surprise, I know :D) but since none of us is an artistic soul, we didn’t spend much time there :D but I have to say, that it’s definitely worth the visit :) It's located on the Albert Dock, so it’s in the centre and I think that everyone can find something interesting for them there :)
//
Na konci jsme zjistili, že nám zbylo docela hodně času, což bylo super, tak jsme, spíš tak ze zvědavosti, šli do Tate Galerie. Co se týče Tate v Liverpoolu, tak je hodně podobná Tate Modern v Londýně (já vím, velký překvapení :D), ale vzhledem k tomu, že ani jeden z nás není moc umělecká duše, tak jsme to vzali docela rychle :D ale za vidění určitě stojí :) Je to přímo u Albert Dock takže úplně v centru a myslím, že si tak každý najde to svoje :)





If I had to pick top 3 things to do/see/visit in Liverpool, then it’d definitely be:
//
Kdybych měla vybrat top 3 věci, co dělat/vidět/navštívit v Liverpoolu, tak by to rozhodně byly:


1.The Beatles Story Exhibition
2. River cruise // Okružní plavba lodí
3. Liverpool Cathedral // Liverpoolská katedrála


We then ended our week by having a spa afternoon :) it was back in London already and it was definitely worth it...at least for me, I then found out that my boyfriend isn’t a big of a fan of these spa treatments but didn’t say anything because I was enjoying it (sweetie 💗)

Take care,
K.
//
My jsme pak zakončili celý týden wellness odpolednem :) už teda zpátky v Londýně, ale stálo to za to...alespoň teda mně, já pak zjistila, že přítel zas tak moc na tyhle wellness věci není, ale nic nechtěl říct, protože viděl, že já si to užívám (zlaťouš 💗).

Vy se mějte krásně,

K.

Comments